Thursday, June 16, 2011

How to have a good bday

yesterday was great!  I had probably the worst birthday ever last year (no fault to anyone) and I won't lie I am a little scared of the day after the last two years when I ended up with my head in the toilet.  And I wasn't getting a swirly.  I took the day off of work and Tony was so great to do the same.  The day before at work my parents, Danielle and kids, Amanda & Tatum all came and brought me lunch.






On my actual bday this is how the day went... perfection.  My parents woke me up to go on a little walk/run and we headed to Tony's house.  When we got there they turned around and started home... I decided I wanted a ride home.  Tony gave me my presents which were new headphones since I destroyed mine in my purse and a necklace that I happened to mention that I wanted once when we were shopping.  Look at him listening to what I want!!  I was so surprised and delighted as we like to say as we touch lives here at work.  It was so great!  I love that guy!  Then we all headed to Hagermanns and my parents treated us to an all you can eat french toast breakfast... yum!  We stopped at Nordys to exchange and I got to see Julie who gave me a really nice donut .... no idea where it came from right julsie? ;)

Then it was off to the temple.  I asked my dad if he would like to come and baptize us.  This was seriously a highlight of the day.  My dad has not been to the temple with me and the last time I was in the font with him was when I was 8.  Big Tony is an emotional guy as you may know, despite his size.  When it was my turn he started crying, then I started crying, then everyone was crying. (I think, my eyes were closed) but it was so so wonderful.  I couldn't ask for a better moment with my dad. 

The day just kept being so fabulous... then we headed to the dollar movie and afterward we went to Baskin Robbins.  Tony got a good laugh at me when I didn't realize I had chocolate in the crease of my chin and had no idea.  I guess I just got a little excited and shoved it in my face and forgot how tiny my mouth is.  But it was so delicious!!  We just ate our cones on the curb outside the shop and enjoyed the heat.  It was the perfect weather!

Doug?
Then we went home and showered and got ready for our engagement pics to be taken.  It was a great time and I am so glad we didn't have any rain or wind.  It worked out wonderfully!  We should have the pics next week and I will post some.. I think they will be great!  For dinner Tony let me have my favorite Jamaican "delicacy" Bun an' cheese.  I love it.  I love it a lot.


And last but not least I had a wonderful surprise today when I came into work.  I always talk about how I want a fancy nancy bday party (childrens book for those of you who are lost) and I found this.... at my desk when I came in....with an email from Jim including our superhero versions of ourselves!  I love it.  All of it!

Thanks everyone who wished me a happy birthday!  I had a great one thanks to those I love!

kthnxbye

2 comments:

  1. That is like a dream birthday! I'm so glad you had a great day! You seriously do look like Doug in that picture. Had me rollin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome birthday.

    ReplyDelete