Monday, February 7, 2011

Introduction


Well, I'm realizing that most people reading this blog don't know me very well. So I'm going to take a little time to introduce myself. Remember Myspace? Yeah, me neither. I do remember that Myspace was full of those annoying surveys with questions that are obviously meant to help you secretly send a message to someone you "liked" ("are you thinking of someone special right now?"). I'm going to do something similar so you can get to know me.

P.S. Don't ever Google "Myspace Surveys". Holy cow, these things are stupider than I remember! Instead of copying one of those surveys and filling in the answers, I'm just going to give you 25 random facts about myself.

1. I'm shy/quiet/introverted, especially with girls. Luckily, I met Desi and I didn't have to worry about that.
2. I'm half Jamaican... I'm Jamerican
3. I'm a nerd/dork/geek. I think any one of those terms describes me. I love computers, video games, gadgets.
4. In spite of number 3, I try to convince myself I'm still cool.
5. Don't hate me for this but... I love the Lakers!!! The Jazz are a close #2 in my heart. But when I was growing up my dad was in the military and we moved a few times, so I didn't have a "hometown" team at the time I really began to get into basketball. That happened to be the time that a high school kid was skipping college and going straight to the NBA. As a rookie he played well, won the dunk contest and even had some memorable air-balls against the Jazz in the playoffs. I was hooked. His name was simply KOBE.
6. Speaking of my dad being in the military, I got to live in Japan for almost four years. I really liked it there.
7. I eat chocolate to keep myself tan in the winter. (I kid, I kid)
8. I love music and try to be really open minded about it and try to give different types a chance. Lately, Desi has reminded me of my love for old school soul music. I just want that stuff playing softly all through my house forever. It makes perfect background music.
9. I think far too often in my life, people have judged the book by its cover and not given me a chance. I think this happens to lots of people for different reasons, so I'm not feeling bad for myself. But it's unfortunate. Plus, is the cover of my book really that bad?
10. More reasons you shouldn't judge this book by it's cover: contrary to popular stereotypes, I'm a terrible dancer and not that great at basketball. I will say, I'm a pretty good athlete, so maybe those two things could have been different if I had worked at it.
11. My family is great. I don't know anyone that works harder for what he has than my dad. I don't know a more selfless person than my mom. And I've never had friends as talented and close to me as my brother and sister.
Have a look at these beautiful people (and me):








12. I'm a lover, not a fighter. I secretly (well not anymore) don't mind chick flicks.
13. I like to consider myself very accepting, forgiving and understanding of others. I really like to be treated that way, so I try to treat others like that too.
14. In preparation for September 7, I've been doing some reading and studying and think I have the marriage rules down:
a. Don't go to bed angry
b. She's always right
Did I miss any?
15. I can't believe I didn't think of this until number 15, but I LOVE to make people laugh. I try to tell jokes, do impressions and basically just act a fool. All for the sake of making someone laugh.
16. I was born here in Utah, and in all I've lived in this state for about 20 years. I've been snowboarding a total of one time, and I've never been skiing.
17. I hate diets. I don't like paying attention to what I'm eating. I like to eat when I'm bored, not when I'm hungry. Those just aren't conducive to successful dieting.
18. This is related to 17. I HATE vegetables. But when I'm a dad, I'll start eating them so that my kids will eat theirs too.
19. I don't get embarrassed very easily. I can count 3 times that my pants fell down in public (I'll tell the stories sometime if you want), but I didn't care. Gotta pick those things up from around your ankles and keep it movin'.
20. I like to play soccer.
21. I have always had a hard time buying movie tickets to something that wasn't a comedy. Everything else just seems like a waste of money to me for some reason. There are a few exceptions like Desi dates, Harry Potter and the occasional cool movie like Avatar or Inception.
22. Reggae music is pretty dang awesome. Bob Marley, of course, is one of the faves. But I'm really starting to like much older Reggae.
23. I'm writing this on my lunch break and I'm getting close to being late back to work.
24. I'm basically a Best Buy VIP, due to my technology addiction.
25. I LOVE DESIREE ANN TAYLOR!

7 comments:

  1. This is so great Tony! (This is medu by the way) I miss hanging out! We should do a double date sometime? I think it would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pleasure to meet you sir... well you know what i mean. good post dude. good post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! i absolutely love this! keep it coming...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok you pass. You have our permission to marry Desi now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A few things:
    1) Yes Desi, this is Kim
    2) My husband already loves your future husband because he too is the biggest Lakers fan ever! Kobe 4 Lyfe! (I even have a license plate cover to prove it. Not sure why it's on MY car tho...)
    3) A few missed, but very important rules to a sucessful marriage:
    c) A happy wife = happy life
    d) Never pause when your wife asks you if she looks fat.
    e) Convince yourself now that she is the best cook ever. 10 times better than your mother.

    Congrats you two! I'm excited to meet Tony in person someday!

    ReplyDelete