Wednesday, November 9, 2011

flustered

so tony had his birthday last wednesday and I took him out for sushi for lunch and we stayed home before he had to go to school and watched biggest loser... very fancy.  I had a good time!  I love Tony and I"m so grateful to have him ... even though he's getting old.

On Sunday we went to my family's house and had dinner and cake.  I ruined the day a little bit when I started feeling awfully ill.  Danielle came down with strep on Saturday and Monday when I woke up I had the worst sore throat of my life and I was feeling the weight of a sumo.  I went to the instacare at 7 across from my work, in the hospital .... it didn't open until 8 so i cried a little inside and went across the street to work for an hour until it opened.  When I went back they said my blood pressure was fine, no fever etc and I was thinking "great, I'm just a hypochondriac... again" I told them my sister had strep so they did a strep test.... getting swabbed with a giant q-tip when you can't swallow your own spit is an awful experience.  While they went to go get the results of my test I had a mini-anxiety attack of nausea and went into survival mode.  "where is the trash can? they don't have a trash can, just the hole in the counter. could there be a trash can not connected under the counter? I haven't eaten... maybe it would go down the sink" The dr returned before I blew chunks and .. sure enough it was strep... the pharmacy didn't open until 9! Who the heck is doing the scheduling for this place?!

so I went to the walgreens up by our house and stopped and got a smoothie at mcdonalds. I have a talent of being really sad and emotional when I don't feel well.... so I called tony in the parking lot of walgreens while I waited for my prescription and spilled my smoothie all over my cup holder, stick shift, and e brake since they filled it up too high... and didn't give me any napkins.  I was crying so hard that Tony couldn't understand anything I said as I explained I was crying because my smoothie spilled and I couldn't clean it up and I was so tired, and I didn't feel good and I don't have enough pto to miss work and i'm highly contagious and what if he gets sick.....

Tony thought I was at wal mart, had spilled my whole smoothie since I said it went "everywhere" and was very kind and offered to come pick me up to which I replied... "i'm only two streets away from our house"
I finally made it home and watched 12 episodes of private practice on netflix.  It was all very dramatic/ridiculous.  Tony doesn't get sick... like ever.  I get sick all the time... all the time.  I need someone to take care of me, Paula was my former caregiver and a lot to live up to.  Tony, Danielle and I were joking about our hypochondria (she thought she had spinal meningitis) and Tony admitted that he has a hard time being sympathetic to the nausea, acid reflux, sore throat, cough, cold, achy body... and all the other wonderful things I whine about since he doesn't know what they are like.  This blows my mind.  He can't remember the last time he threw up.  I hope our children get his immune system, his smile, and his tan.

I had a dream last night that I was in the hospital walking around and they brought me up to a hospital bed with a full grown muppet and told me "here is your baby" and "it's a girl" ... pink muppet with yellow yarn hair. I still can't stop laughing/being creeped out. Maybe because I am so tired I keep having the weirdest dreams.  I used to be really good at sleeping until we moved into our new room and now I wake up a lot in the night.  I miss being good at sleeping.  Hopefully when we move next month and are a little more permanently settled it comes back.  I will make sure to practice.

Yesterday catastrophe temple visit. We were late, semi tension in the car, I forgot my dress, then rented a dress and not the slip to which I discovered the dress was see-through, first we were late, then an hour early. But it was awesome to finally be in the right place at the right time and see tony's grandpa be sealed to his siblings and his parents.  I love the temple.

storytime complete.

kthnxbye

3 comments:

  1. hahahahaha. Laughing out loud like the whole time. I'm so sorry you were sick! Why do you throw up so much?! I'm so glad Tony is there to take care of you! I think he's so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA I love you Des! This made me laugh and cry! Hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get feeling better soon. I am so glad that you have Tony to take good care of you while you are sick. I love the temple too. Love you!

    ReplyDelete