Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Thinking thoughts on life

So I've been thinking lately and came up with some thoughts.  Profound, I know.  Being the perfectionist that I am- at five years of age I had my life completely planned out.  Well I got to the end of my plan as I turned 19 and then was kind of like "uh.... what now?"  When I think about my situation and the scenarios that brought me here... this definitely was not what I ever dreamed of as a five year old and sometimes even a 19 year old.  I thought I'd be a millionaire hair stylist! ;) and maybe have 2 kids by now  I think like that when life gets tough.  But really what I've learned is life is messy and .... drum roll... epiphany.. that's ok.  I'm ok with the fact that I'm not perfect and that it's ok if other people aren't perfect and it's ok if my clothes are on the floor (trying to convince paula that's true) and that it's ok my situation isn't what I thought it would be.  I love me, I love Tony, and I love life including brothers, screaming kids, and micromanagers. That's no sarcasm- i love those screaming kids.  I learned a lot of things that I don't think I could have learned any other way.  Some of it has been really hard, really really hard... but I'm ok that I had to learn it.  And I do NOT ever want to learn some of it again. :) One of my favorite Faune quotes is "act like the person you want to be, rather than the imperfect person that you are" this is in reference to dealing with hard situations.  When we get mad or hurt act in a way that when you look back you won't feel bad, be embarrassed or ashamed.  It's ok to make mistakes... trust me I have said many things that I would take back in a heartbeat... but that saying really changed me.  It doesn't work all the time, maybe not even half the time, but even if it just works sometimes that is a pretty good start. 
I think this all stemmed from a trial I have to focus on daily about not letting things I can't change ruin me.  Also at work I have been monitoring middle-aged women gossiping online and trying to solve it.  It makes me really sad to see the way they were speaking to each other... actually I was quite livid at first.... then I realized I was acting the same way!  Yikes!  So the biggest help for me is to ask God to help me see people the way he sees them.  THAT my friends is an eye opener... the trick is remembering to ask.  That has got to be the easiest way to "love your enemies."  So my challenge to you is to try it.  And help me try it too.
Can I get an AMEN

3 comments:

  1. Tear... drops... on ... ma' cheek...
    Thank you for the message, Dear Desi! I could use a lesson on loving EVERYONE. I'm feeling a little bitter about life right now and this was just the thing I needed.
    You are the perfect remedy. Love you!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete