Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Time

We had a great LONG weekend which was much needed. Memorial day thank you for a paid holiday! Big shout out and thank you to all those who serve our country!


"We" did Portia and Gracie's hair on Saturday for their family pics.  Tony was a champ and tried to entertain Gracie when we lost her attention and he held the curling iron etc.  He is great.  And Gracie says the funniest stuff.  We could listen to her all day. .

We didn't get any pictures of Saturday night... ReAL had a great game followed by amazing food with Tony's friends from high school.  We were spoiled with some good food... as that is not part of my repertoire. I did make some good cookies though this weekend.

Sunday we had a crazy primary class as two of the kids were visiting from Brazil and did not speak a lick of English.  It was pretty funny trying to communicate with hand gestures and we had to crack up when one girl just kept trying to say stuff in a spanish accent. And Tony got to wear the very stylish "huggy bear" hat during singing time.  What can I say- the kids LOVE him.



Sunday my parents had us over for dinner and then we went to visit my Grandma Ruby and Grandpa Bob's graves.  We miss them so much!  Can't believe they would be 94 and 93!  Really sad that Tony didn't get to meet either of them because they were amazing people and the best grandparents ever.

Monday morning we got to have the traditional Memorial day scones with the Messam fam.  YUM!  I love these and wish we could eat them every day.  Then we spent some time watching Total Blackout which Amanda introduced us to.  We die laughing at this show.  It's on the SyFy channel for anyone who wants a good laugh.

Then we headed home for a nap and then BBQ with some of my family in the backyard...dad's prized possession.  Even though it is small it is a little piece of heaven.  So pretty back there.

Hope you had a fabulous weekend.

kthnxbye

1 comment:

  1. I really think you're adorable. And I think Gracie looks so much like Lynette. As for my new do... I'm not a huge fan:) That was the first time I've straightened it in a month and I hated it! Maybe we'll just have to get together.

    ReplyDelete