Monday, April 4, 2011

Eventful times

This weekend was very eventful and great.  The lakers game FINALLY arrived!  I bought us tickets for Valentines Day and if you know me you know it was really hard to keep that a secret for 2 months.... then wait 2 more for the event to actually happen.  It was lots of fun and not only did we get to see Kobe up close and personal ... but Mr. Jamison Olave of ReAL salt lake (a personal favorite) showed up and ya... he's great... but not as great as Tony.  May I add phone photos are not flattering if you are an albino. 
oh hey Kobe!
Then on Saturday I got to go to the Conference Center and sing in between sessions in the "free speech zone"  We lined up along the sidewalks so that those exiting the first session could have the option to hear us instead of the protesters.  It was actually really great and I loved all the cute people who thanked us for being there and especially the ones who started singing. (they took my picture and got my name so be watching in the news/ensign.  My lifelong pursuit of being in the conference edition may finally come true) This older lady joined us and sang pretty much the entire two hours and she got to come with us to the afternoon session (our prize for volunteering) which was great.  I loved her.  I don't know her name or anything about her but you can't help but love when she looks at you and you are both singing hymns and smiling.  Also, you know the promise that if you come to conference with a question that it will be answered?  Well I came with my same problems that I keep bringing everywhere and I thought "ya know, I already know the answer" so I wasn't expecting anyone to address it.  SURPRISE!  Very first talk right there in person I got it.  Thanks Boyd K. Packer for the following, "if you are carrying some burden- forget it, let it alone.  Do a lot of forgiving and a little repenting and you will be visited by the spirit of the Holy Ghost and confirmed by the testimony that you did not know existed and be watched over and blessed, you and yours."  I keep getting the answer but bringing it back up.  Now every time it comes up I know to "let it alone"  So grateful for General Conference and these wise men who make so much sense!




Last but not least Sunday I watched conference at the Messam home and had a wonderful day!  Next conference time we will be married!!  hallelujah!  Only 156 left!  yep, I said only!  Well, Josh and Cheyenna brought Clover over to see Tony's old car which they will probably be purchasing.  I haven't seen Clover in forever and I love to see my babies.  We got a couple funny pics of her.  She LOVES to grunt and sleep.


kthnxbye

2 comments:

  1. Tony looks great holding a baby. Lucky he will counter the albino gene for your kids:)

    You better be careful what you wish for, General RS Presidents will always make it into the conference edition...

    ReplyDelete