Monday, April 2, 2012

Independently Awkward

Saturday morning I woke up to a text from miss Katie MacDonald asking if I wanted two tickets to conference for that morning.  We had them in our ward and kept forgetting to ask and I was so sad that we didn't get them.  So I quickly text Katie back and she told me that I could go pick them up and we had to be there by 9:30.  Well my friends it was 8:20.  Tony was just finishing a soccer game and couldn't make it back in time.  Mom and Danielle had 5 kids.  Kelsey was sweaty.  So I decided to brave it alone.  I brushed my hair and my teeth and changed my undies and I was off.  I was a sweaty mess by the time I did a kick A speedwalk from a few blocks away.  Holy cow the weather was perfect that morning... before it got all windy.  I found a nice girl with an extra seat next to her right before it started and then tried not to get distracted while she played draw something.

I cannot tell you how much easier it is to stay awake and listen to conference when you are there.  And I really love when the congregation stands up and sings with the choir.  Who doesn't love to sing "how firm a foundation" with a few thousand other saints and the prophets!  And it's so loud you don't even have to worry about sounding pretty when you are by yourself.  I got this beautiful pic.. it looks cooler cropped but oh well.
Tony rode trax down and met me for lunch and a little city creek exploring in between sessions.  I got to see my bff Drew who I have not seen for 2 or 3 years!!! It was the best to randomly cross the street at the same time.  I also got to see this pretty face which I haven't seen in a very long time either since she lives in OR.
Miss Kelly Goulding
And we got to eat at Hagermann's where I had the best sugar cookie as always and they accidentally gave me a choc chip cookie too and told me I could just keep it!  Blessings of conference.  City Creek was pretty but the best part was being with this face.

May you do something that makes you independently awkward... it's liberating.

kthnxbye

2 comments:

  1. Haha you're funny. And you do NOT look like a sweaty mess. Callan is my twin. It's like l looking in a mirror:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE being independently awkward! I am becoming quite good at it.

    ReplyDelete