Monday, June 25, 2012

California Dreamin' aka Livin'

We hate airplanes!!
I spent last week/end in california with my friend Lindsey and it was heavenly.  We stayed at a hotel right on the beach in Huntington Beach and they treated us right!  We decided we are more pool people than beach people since we are deathly white and the pool has shade, food, and no sand in your swimsuit.  We did go to the beach and the water was FREEZING but it was very beautiful and very busy.  Mostly we slept in and ate and then napped and then ate and then watched law and order and then woke up with nightmares.  


It was my first time having room service and might I say that it is a wonderful thing... except for the tax, the service fee, the delivery fee, the door knocking fee etc.
We were right by the pier and loved Ruby's Diner at the end... delicious burgers and shakes and onion rings and fries... and good tummy aches when you are done.



We had lots of fun at the beach and were glad that we were at the pool when I believe they cleared the beach because of a shark sighting.... I don't know why people felt like it was safe to ever enter the water again but the next day it was PACKED.  Glad we were there mostly during the week.
If you need a relaxing getaway I can definitely tell you a great hotel and a yummy place to eat.

back to reality

kthnxbye

No comments:

Post a Comment